We at Brain Products think open access publications are a great thing and would like to support researchers who publish open access.
All researchers who have used the Brain Products actiCHamp Plus amplifier system in their work are invited to apply if they have not already received funding for open access publication fees.
- The grant is awarded on a first come, first serve basis; we will cover the costs for 3 open access articles.
- Up to 3000 EUR in publication fees per article will be covered by Brain Products.
- Manuscripts submitted to Brain Products do not need to be published yet, but must be in a stage such that they are ready to be formatted for a desired journal.
Please note that we will only accept one application per research group.
- Your manuscript must be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal within 3 months of receiving confirmation from us that we will cover your open access costs.
- If submitting to an open access only journal, we will cover the full publication fee (up to 3000 EUR).
- If submitting to a hybrid journal, we will cover only the additional costs for upgrading to open access (up to 3000 EUR).
- If your manuscript was rejected, you must re-apply.
- If you’ve received grant funding for publishing in open access journals, you are not eligible to apply.
- Brain Products will accept or reject your application based on the availability of remaining grants and previously received submissions.
- You will hear back from us within 1 week of submitting your completed webform.
- After your application is accepted, you must submit your manuscript to the journal within 3 months.
Feel free to mention Brain Products as a funding source for the open access. As an example, you can use the following sentence:
“The authors would like to acknowledge Brain Products GmbH for covering the open access publication fees for this article.”
Please take care to correctly cite us. Here are examples for in-text and reference section citations of the actiCHamp Plus with 64 channels:
– In text citation: (actiCHamp Plus, Brain Products GmbH, Gilching, Germany)
– Reference section: actiCHamp Plus (64 channels) [Apparatus]. (2019). Gilching, Germany: Brain Products GmbH.
- Make sure to notify us as soon as you have submitted your manuscript, including proof of submission.
- When your paper is accepted, send us an invoice or ask the journal to bill us.
- Please make sure to use the following invoicing address: Brain Products GmbH, Zeppelinstr. 7, 82205 Gilching, Germany
- Please note: If your paper should be rejected, you have to re-apply for the Brain Products Open Access Grant.